Internships for academic credit:
- Provide students with the opportunity to earn academic credit for a full-time work experience.
- Benefit the academic program through experiences brought back to the classroom by the intern.
- Provide opportunities for business firms to evaluate interns for possible future employment.
- Provide participating firms the opportunity to have input into curriculum development based upon observed strengths and weaknesses of the intern.
- Strengthen the commitment of students who plan a business career by providing more extensive information for making career decisions.