After graduation, most individuals find work in the fields of
To be successful in the finance industry, professionals should possess:
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Understanding financial statements, business strategy, and the linkages between the two.
- Interest in financial markets and the economy.
- Communication skills.
- Marketing skills.
- Enjoy working with others; teamwork skills.
- Interest in learning new things.
- Strong work ethic.
- Leadership skills.
- Good quantitative skills.
- Computer skills - - e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, and other software (e.g., Python or Tableau depending on your targeted field of work).
Recent graduates have been hired by Ally Financial, Amica, Asheville Savings Bank, Auto Owners Insurance, AXA Equitable, Bank of America, Banker's Life & Casualty, BB&T, C.H.S. Robinson, CGI Group Inc, Cisco, Corning, Delhaize America, Dell, First Citizens Bank, First Tennessee, French Embassy, Key Risk, Liberty Mutual, Lowe's Home Improvement, Partners Insurance, People's Bank, PNC Bank, PWC, Red Ventures, RPS Rollins, Safeco, SECU, State Farm, Vanguard Group, Wells Fargo and Yadkin Bank.